Partner, Startup Capital Ventures
CEO Grassroots Enterprise
BCG – Co-founder of high tech. practice, now largest in firm
Sr. Engineer, Beckman-Coulter
MBA, Stanford University
BS, Electrical Engineering, UC Irvine
- Led project for Microsoft to develop MSN with Bill Gates
- Co-led project for Disney to develop retail presence (Disney Stores)
- Developed a restaurant model for optimization of size, pricing, hours, etc.
- Led project for Chevron to evaluate larger convenience stores at gas stations
- Led project for Snap-On Tools to evaluate entering aerospace rivet industry
- Led hub & maintenance base strategy for Air Canada
- Led project for ATT to develop it’s first commercial broadband project
- Led project for National Semiconductor to evaluate building a new semi fab in Silicon Valley
- Growth Strategy
- M&A Strategy
- High Tech
- Process Re-engineering
- Internet Privacy & Policy
- Microsoft MSN
- Disney Retail
- Disney Movie Distribution
- Chevron Chemicals
- Chevron C-Stores
- Snap-On Tools
- National Semi
- Forte Hotels (UK)
- Hawaii Restaurant
- Petronas (Malaysia)
- COO, J&S Audio Visual
- VP, Apple Leisure Group
- Principal, Plutus Capital
- Principal, SunTx Partners
- Consultant, Bain & Company
- J.D. University of Virginia Law School with emphasis on M&A
- B.S., B.A. Southern Methodist University Dallas
- Developed cost reduction initiative for large public property management company based in Toronto/New York. Led business process outsourcing plan for several back-office functions including HR, Payroll, F&A, Call Center.
- Consolidated back-offices functions of three PE-backed travel companies and 10 different business departments including Operations, Call Center Customer Service, F&A, Rate Loading saving $6mm annually.
- Oversaw divestment of large $250M E-commerce business for a PE backed company which included winding down operations and data-centers.
- COO of $100M+ PE-backed hotel services business encompassing 400+ employees. Oversaw FP&A and all aspects of Operations. Created Key Performance Indicators, vision, and strategy for group.
- Created continuous improvement office which identified bottlenecks in a $1B+ Canadian copper mining operation, increasing production by 18%.
- Developed outsourcing plan for large software application company identifying over $20M in annual savings.
- Created Centralized Procurement office for major aero-space defense contractor which consolidated purchasing efforts with company’s largest suppliers saving 12%.
- Business Services
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Transportation Services
- SG&A Reduction
- Operations Optimization
- KPI Dashboards
- Business Process Transformation
- M&A Assessment/PMI
- Brookfield Properties
- Apple Leisure Group
- Woolworths (Australia)
- Ned Bank (South Africa)
- Teck Industries (Canada)
- Sabre Group
- Rio-Tinto (Australia)
- Freeman Industries
- United Airlines
- Plutus Capital
- SunTx Capital